This opportunity offers a candidate with communications skills and a passion for freshwater fish conservation the opportunity to help drive action for freshwater conservation. This main aim of this role is to increase conservation action for freshwater species, through Shoal and its partners, by inspiring and motivating the deep engagement of existing, new and potential supporters. This role will:
- Lead on the development and implementation of an Engagement Strategy and annual engagement workplan for Shoal.
- Act as the main editor of the Shoal website including its subscription service – The Shoal.
- Lead and direct communications and fundraising materials through all media.
- Increase the positive recognition of the Shoal brand particularly within key audiences.
- Ensure the quality of all communication outputs including reports, articles, social media posts, presentations.
We are very excited to welcome a new member to the Shoal team. The right candidate will be able to choose their own work location in the UK including from the Synchronicity Earth offices in London (Shoal is an initiative hosted by Synchronicity Earth). If the applicant chooses not to work from the Synchronicity Earth office, they will be required to make regular visits to the office. The successful candidate must be already eligible to work in the UK. The role will require infrequent travel in the UK and potentially overseas.
Malili, South Sulawesi. Image: Axel Drainville