Naming this organisation ‘Shoal’ was not simply a nod to fishes, but a declaration that our success is dependent upon the individuals and organisations that partner with us, collectively known as ‘The Shoal’. Partnership is at our core and, like a shoal of fish, our strength relies on our numbers.
The success of Shoal as an organisation will be built upon the work of these partners in supporting our objectives through their areas of expertise. Shoal’s partners and supporters can contribute towards our mission in a variety of ways. For instance:
- Funding our conservation projects
- Providing technical or scientific expertise
- Raising awareness of the threats to freshwater species
- Being a local conservation champion contributing to the protection of a threatened freshwater species in your area
Stories of how partners are contributing to the The Shoal partnership are promoted and shared among the partners in newsletters, through our social media channels and on the website. The cumulative impact of us all working together can be truly significant. We believe with a group of aligned organisations and individuals and each working towards these objectives we can change the face of freshwater conservation – and crucially, change the fate of freshwater species. To do this, Shoal needs you.
There are three main ways to get involved:
- Foundation Partners: These are organisations which provide the foundations upon which the partnership is built. Typically, they provide long-term core funding to Shoal, support fundraising and oversee the work of the secretariat.
- Strategic Partners: These are organisations which actively carry out Shoal’s mission contributing, in a coordinated way, towards fulfilling the partnerships core objectives. With an intentionally small secretariat, the Shoal Partnership relies upon its partners to each engage in supporting its objectives in their respective areas of expertise and in the geographies where they operate.
- Supporters: These are small organisations or individuals who embrace Shoal’s mission and objectives and contribute towards them. To become a supporter simply sign up to our communications, join our social media pages and begin sharing your work with us, the other members of Shoal and with the general public. You can also donate directly to projects which inspire you through the website.
To get in contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to The Shoal.