The Shoal partnership is not just a Shoal by name, or because it focuses on fish, but also by nature. The initiative is founded on the need, but more importantly, the opportunity to work together. Partnership is its core, and our Shoal will ultimately be judged on the sum and the success of its conservation interventions.
To be successful, the Shoal Partnership relies upon its partners to each engage in supporting its objectives in their respective areas of expertise and in the geographies where they operate. It is envisioned that Shoal partners and supporters can contribute towards our shared mission in a variety of ways. Just a few examples include:
- Funding the partnership’s conservation projects
- Raising awareness of the threats to freshwater species
- Capacity building and mentoring
- Being a local conservation champion contributing to the protection of a threatened freshwater species in your local area
- Supporting the conservation of a threatened freshwater species ex situ
- Fundraising for projects supported by the partnership
- Providing technical or scientific expertise
- Education about ethnical practices and sustainable use of fish in the commercial trade
Stories of how partners are contributing to the Partnership are promoted and shared among the partners in newsletters, through our social media channels and on the website. The cumulative impact of us all working together can be truly significant. We believe with a group of aligned organisations and individuals and each working towards these objectives we can change the face of freshwater conservation – and crucially, change the fate of freshwater species. To do this, Shoal needs you.
There are three main ways to get involved:
- Foundation Partners: These are organisations which provide the foundations upon which the partnership is built. Typically, they provide long-term core funding to Shoal, support fundraising and oversee the work of the secretariat.
- Strategic Partners: These are organisations which actively carry out Shoal’s mission contributing, in a coordinated way, towards fulfilling the partnerships core objectives. With an intentionally small secretariat, the Shoal Partnership relies upon its partners to each engage in supporting its objectives in their respective areas of expertise and in the geographies where they operate.
- Supporters: These are small organisations or individuals who embrace Shoal’s mission and objectives and contribute towards them. To become a supporter simply sign up to our communications, join our social media pages and begin sharing your work with us, the other members of Shoal and with the general public. You can also donate directly to projects which inspire you through the website.
To get in contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the Shoal.